Antony Mayfield gives three reasons for caring what the web says about you (2010:xii).
- Our lives are moving online
- The web is the first place many will look to find out about you
- Being findable and connected brings opportunities
Take care what you post – but do remember reason three, too!
Here are his Top Ten Rules
1. Check your Google Shadow regularly
2. Be the first/best source about yourself
3. Understand networks and which ones are important to you
4. Be present in your networks
5. Be useful
6 Draw a line between public and private
7. Remember that you are always on the record
8. Get a thicker sking
9. Don’t think of the web as another world
10. He only gives nine – what do you think should go here????